Saturday, February 8, 2014

Keeping it Fresh

I love design, and I am often daydreaming of what I can bead that I haven't beaded before. I've been so inspired by other bead artists, and I see the possibility of what can be accomplished. This new year I decided to try some beaded cuffs. I decided to create a line of similar style bracelets that reflect my style of beadwork. The first cuff I created was completely beaded, no open spaces, three cabochons, and lots and lots of hours! I am somewhat happy with the results, but not as satisfied as I should feel considering how much time it took me to finish it! This is the first beaded cuff I created.


                                                                                               I love the feel and the look of ultra suede. My next bracelet was just as much of a challenge because I decided to work with open space. I often have challenges when it comes to open space in bead embroidery work. Working with these cuffs has taught me so much about letting go of my worries of open space. I really like the highlighting of the beaded cabochon, or filigree centerpiece. I even figured out how to bead a little cabochon onto a filigree piece with it not looking sloppy, and it is completely secure with no glue!
 More ideas have blossomed as I have made this line of bracelets, and even more ideas that I have not had a chance to work with as well! Stay tuned and I look forward to sharing my new creations with you. Have a peek at a few of these bracelets here https://www.etsy.com/shop/blazinbeads?section_id=14834618&ref=shopsection_leftnav_8

No comments:

Post a Comment